Monday, 19 August 2013

Capture the Colour Competition

I saw that Travel Supermarket were running the Capture the Colour competition again this year and although I've only just started my blog, I don't have a fancy camera and no one nominated me to take part I didn't think it would hurt to enter.

The rules are simple; publish a blog post displaying five of your favourite travel photographs which encaptulate the five catergories - Red, Yellow, Blue, White & Green. You then have to nominate 5 other bloggers to take part and you're on your way.

Tweet your entries to Travel Supermarket with the hashtag #CTC13

So here is my entry:

RED

Sunset from Brac Island in Croatia


Sat with one of my best friends, having a beer and looking out to the Mediterranean Sea from Brac Island in Croatia I captured this picturesque sunset.


YELLOW

Kew Gardens Pineapple



I've had a staycation in London this summer and visited Kew Gardens for the first time which is where I captured this image of the bright bold Pineapple. It is part of the IncrEdibles exhibition and the giant pineapple is designed by Bompas and Parr. I love pineapples and this image makes me feel happy and reminds me what a great summer I've had in the UK this year.

BLUE

Chicago River


This is one of the most amazing views I've had from any hotel I have ever stayed in. I didn't know what to expect on visiting Chicago and when I pulled back the hotel curtains and saw this view for the first time it took my breath away. I chose this photograph as I love how the blue of the sky reflects onto the glass fronted Trump Tower and it's holographic windows magically reflect all of the old beautiful architecture along the river.


WHITE

Summer House in Montauk NY



This is the white washed summer house we spent some time in last summer in Montauk on Long Island. It was our first visit there and we had such a lovely time in this super cute holiday home that I had to include it in my photo entries. So calm and peaceful, it was hard to believe we were only a matter of hours away from the hustle and bustle of New York City.

GREEN

Plitvice Lakes Croatia


Hidden away in the north of Croatia are the Plitvice Lakes. They are one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. We arrived here early in the morning after spending a week partying at a festival on the beach and were blown away by the bright green colour of the water. It was so fresh and inviting it was hard to resist not jumping in (you're not allowed to swim in the lakes sadly). It really felt like I'd been transported somewhere magical and I could have stayed there forever.

That's my entry and I hope you enjoyed looking at my pictures.

As part of the competition you have to nominate five other bloggers to take part.

The bloggers I nominate are:

Isabelle's Travel Guide - http://www.isabellestravelguide.com/

Pommie Travels - http://www.pommietravels.com/

The Travelista - http://thetravelistablog.wordpress.com/

Handbags & Cupcakes - http://handbagsandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk/

In The Frow - http://www.inthefrow.com/

Good Luck everyone!!

Love K x

2 comments:

  1. those are wonderful submissions to the theme

    I'm inviting you to join us for Travel Photo Mondays, the link runs all week so I hope you can join us for the next installment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel. I'll check out the Travel Photo Mondays.

      Delete