Thursday, 5 September 2013

Back to school!

Summers almost over and autumn is on it's way so it's back to school for many people! Now I haven't actually been in the literal 'back to school' gang in many years but I do always think of September as a month where you can start a fresh so to say and make plans for the changing season.

I haven't done an outfit post on the blog yet so I decided to show you the outfit I wore when I was feeling in the 'back to school' mood this week at work.

I choose to wear a spotty blouse, a grey american apparel pocket skirt, red cardi and my red t-bar Mary Jane shoes.




I'm somewhat of a hoarder and rarely throw anything out of my wardrobe and so the blouse is an ages old Topshop purchase. Despite being fairly old it still gets regular outings from my wardrobe. (I actually had a panic recently when I caught my shoulder on something sharp at work and ripped the sleeve but luckily Mama and her wonder web to the rescue - seriously how come Mums can fix anything?!) Anyway here's a similar blouse from White Pepper on ASOS.

The cardigan is also a fairly old Oasis staple but similar can be found on the website.

I wore my American Apparel pocket skirt in grey which is another wardrobe staple of mine and I have these in an array of colours often teaming them with basic t-shirts for work. (The pockets come in handy for storing my work pass as I am constantly getting myself locked outside the office!)

My shoes are a recent Topshop purchase. How cute are they?! They are literally the comfiest shoes I've bought in ages! I've been wearing them a lot recently and they have molded to my feet now perfectly. I even walked home in them the other day an didn't feel an ounce of pain!

I think I just need a satchel now to round of the outfit...hello birthday coming up....


Have you had that back to school feeling? Do you think of Autumn as a time to make fresh plans?

Love K x



No comments:

Post a Comment