Sunday, 17 November 2013

Four Birthday cakes

This post is really over due as it's been a month since I celebrated my birthday in mid October but better late than never hey!

I was extremely spoilt on my birthday this year and was really touched by all the lovely gifts I received. My celebrations were fairly low key this year as it wasn't a big birthday (big ones next year - ahh how am I this old?!).

On my birthday I woke up in the morning to a super cute birthday breakfast prepared by James. Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels and a giant jaffa cake birthday cake - no better way to start the day!!


James bought me a beautiful red satchel from the Leather Satchel company. I'd been wanting a satchel for ages but was concerned that the buckles would be a bit fiddly to get in and out off so I was thrilled when I discovered that James had this one customed made so the buckles are actually hiding the magnetic clasps which allow easy access to the contents of my bag....perfect!!


I also recieved a new bag from my parents. It is an oil skin Radley Bag and it's perfect for carrying all of my day to day bits to work in.

As my birthday was on a Thursday I had to go to work in the day which was fairly uneventful however I did get a cake (Please note this is Cake #2)


In the evening James and I went to Mishkins in Covent Garden for tea and ate soooo much food!! If you've never been I definitely recommend it if you are in London as the food is delicious. Miskins describe it's self as a 'kind of Jewish deli with cocktails'. I can't describe it any better really!

On Friday I celebrated with my friends at the Sebright Arms pub in Hackney which is home to Lucky Chip burger. My friends always joke about my love of burgers so it seemed only right to have my birthday celebrations at this particular pub!!

My lovely girl friends bought me a stunning purse from Orla Keily. I fell in love with it immediately!


They also bought me this pineapple plant! Have you ever seen anything quite like it?! No me neither!! It's so pretty!


My cousin treated me to some lush beauty products from Liberty which I was thrilled about. I had been desperate to try the Philip Kingsley elasticize for ages and I can confirm it is brilliant! I always get compliments about how shiny my hair looks after I've used it.


Other gifts included, tickets to see Disney on Ice, an umbrella with a duck handle, slippers that you warm up in the microwave - perfect for these cold months, nail polish I could go on but I won't bore you!


I felt throughly blessed on my birthday and I couldn't quite believe how many people showed up to celebrate with me! And I recieved another two cakes that evening!!

Here I am looking like I'm about to be set on fire!!


I'm a very lucky girl to be surrounded by so many amazing friends!

Look at all of my cards!!


Overall a very brilliant birthday!! Four cakes - I can't complain can I!

Love K x


No comments:

Post a Comment